Graduate Registered Nurse Recruitment | Start 2013 Applications open Saturday 11 August 2012
Applications for the Start 2013 graduate campaign open at 00:00 hours AEST Saturday 11 August 2012 and now close at 11:59pm AEST Friday 7 September 2012.
The Mid Year Graduate Registered Nurse Recruitment campaigns will no longer be offered. Starting with the current Start 2013 campaign there will be an annual application for Graduate Registered Nurse Recruitment each year. This change has been made to increase the opportunity of applicants being made an offer by Hospital and Health Services across the full 12 month period.
The application period for the Start 2013 campaign has been extended to Friday 7 September 2012 to allow for those graduates who would consider applying to Mid Year 2013 campaign to submit their applications now for 2013.
This means if you are graduating from October 2012 to September 2013 then apply for the Start of 2013 application intake now open.
In light of this change the eligibility rule regarding not working as a registered nurse prior to applying has been relaxed to allow applicants to work up to six (6) months as an RN prior to applying to the Graduate Registered Nurse Recruitment of Queensland Health.
- Queensland Health now holds one (1) graduate registered nurse recruitment per year. Applications for the recruitment intake occurs four to five months prior to the intake commencement. The application period is usually in August, with staggered intakes commencing from January of the following year and recruitment continuing across the entire 12 months..
- Graduates may apply for the coming year even though they may be 12 months or more away from graduating, but please note you must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) before you can commence employment.
Please note that the number of GNOR application rounds does not dictate the number of graduate positions offered by Queensland Hospital and Health Services. The number and timing of employment offers to RN graduates is decided and managed at health facility level.
Hospital and Health Services will continue to have access to the eligible applications of RN graduates on GNOR when the 2013 Start of Year application round closes as is usual practice. All eligible GNOR applicants will remain current in the application pool for a full 12 months to increase their opportunity of being made an offer of a position by Hospital and Health Services.
- If you intended to apply for the Mid 2013 campaign and missed out on the current extended application period (closing on Friday 7 September 2012) please contact email@example.com.
- The Graduate Registered Nurse Recruitment Campaign is for recently or soon to be graduated University level nursing students. Please view the eligibility rules in the Prospectus before applying.
- Applications for Start of 2013 open in the Graduate Nurse Online Recruitment (GNOR) system at 00:00hours Australian Eastern Standard Time on Saturday 11 August 2012 and have been extended to close at 11:59pm AEST Friday 7 September 2012.
Things you can do before applying, using the Prospectus as a guide:
- Make sure you are eligible.
- Assemble your documentation.
- Obtain permission from your referees for you to list them in your application.
- Research the hospitals you are interested in - start here and here.
- Figure out whether your clinical preferences match your hospital preferences.
- In preparation for any questions on the Application or at Interview, it is wise to look at Queensland Health's values and Code of Conduct (both currently under review).
Please make sure you read the Prospectus, including the Frequently Asked Questions, and also note the following:
- You may work up to six (6) months full time equivalent as a Registered Nurse at the time of application. Please note the other eligibility criteria, such as applying within 12 months of having graduated.
- If you have worked more than six (6) months full time equivalent as a Registered Nurse before, in any country, you will not be eligible for this recruitment. Please refer to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia to check what qualifications are recognised as a Registered Nurse in Australia and what your options may be.
- If you have applied for the previous (i.e. Mid 2012) intake, you will need to re-register and provide a different Username as GNOR does NOT retain applicant details from one campaign to the next. There is no need for you to withdraw your application for the previous intake. The same email address should be fine, as long as it is reliable and you check it often.
- Please make sure you record your Username and Password correctly.
- If you graduated from your first University level nursing program (i.e. Bachelor of Nursing or Master of Nursing), whether in Australia or overseas, more than 12 months ago you will not be eligible to apply for this recruitment.
- The Graduate Registered Nurse Recruitment intake is for graduate registered nurses, not graduate enrolled nurses or graduate midwives. Graduate enrolled nurses and graduate midwives need to enquire directly with hospitals regarding graduate opportunities.
Queensland Health will not bear any responsibility for applicants who do not familiarise themselves with the eligibility rules. If an applicant does not meet eligibility criteria their application will be excluded from the recruitment.
2013 Recruitment Campaign
| Student Applications Open
||00:00 hours AEST Saturday 11 August 2012
| Student Applications Close
||11:59pm AEST Friday 7 September 2012
| Recruiters Commence First-Round Shortlisting
||Monday 10 September 2012
| Recruiters Complete First-Round Interviews
||Friday 12 October 2012
| First-Round Offers to Students Start
||Monday 15 October 2012
| First-Round Offers to Students Finish
||Friday 19 October 2012
| Recruiters Commence Second Round Review
||Monday 22 October 2012
| Recruiters Complete Second Round Review
||Friday 26 October 2012
| Second-Round Offers to Students Start
||Monday 29 October 2012
| Second-Round Offers to Students Finish
| Mid-Year 2012 Applications closed on 06.04.12
|Graduate Nurse Online Recruitment - Log on
- Queensland Health Graduate Registered Nurse Recruitment Program Prospectus (PDF, 89 KB) has more information on the recruitment such as eligibility, applying, the recruitment and selection process, frequently asked questions and so forth.
- For specific information on graduate opportunites offered by hospitals/districts, please go here.
- The Referee Report is available in both PDF (35 KB) and Microsoft Word (233 KB) versions.
- To reset user name and password, please go here. If you still are unable to to reset your password please email - The Gradnurse team
(please include your full name)
Applicants are advised that Internet Explorer Version 6 is only compatible with the Graduate Nurse Online Recruitment system. If you experience any
further difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that may
have been caused.