About bowel cancer - symptoms
Are you sitting on symptoms for bowel cancer?
Bowel cancer can develop without any obvious symptoms. However symptoms of bowel cancer can include:
- Bleeding from the bowel (bright or dark red blood combined or separate from the bowel motion)
- Changes in your normal bowel habits (ie. diarrhoea, constipation, or changes in the regularity, firmness or bowel motion size) that lasts for two weeks or more
- Feeling of incomplete emptying of the bowel
- Unexplained weight loss or lack of appetite
- Persistent cramping or abdominal pain
- Signs of anaemia such as general weakness, tiredness and breathlessness
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have bowel cancer. However, if you do develop any of these symptoms, it is important to see your doctor without delay.